Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Upcoming project

A model railroader I know in Dallas made a display case for his On30 trains. I saw the pictures and dimensions, and thought that this might be a fun project (and would get my trains protected behind glass).



The drawing is a bit small (click to see the full-size drawing), but the case will be 24 X 48 inches on the outside, with 5 shelves 3 7/8 inches apart. I'll put plexiglass doors on the front to keep the dust out, and will stain the wood a nice color.

I'm looking forward to this project, and hope to get started in a few days. Of course, I will post pictures as I go.

1 comment:

WTexJoe said...

Good idea, Bliss. I'll take one for On30 and one for N - oh, you're not selling them, just making your own. Oh, well, I guess I'll have to get around to doing the same to keep up with you BG.