Monday, August 17, 2009

Bathroom Progress!

Saturday, I spent the day finalizing the plumbing and getting the floor screwed down (finally). It was a great feeling to put that first screw in the floor, and an even better feeling to put the last screw in!

My goal for today was to insulate and sheetrock the outside wall, and I managed to get that done before eating dinner. Fortunately, I had just enough screws to finish the wall, but not enough to move on to another wall. That'll have to wait for another day.

Below are a couple of progress pictures from today.

This is the left side of the bathroom. You can see the stubbed plumbing for the sink in front. The sink will be centered on the south wall of the bathroom. By the way, that partial piece of sheetrock isn't screwed in. I just put it there to get it out of the way.

This picture is looking past where the shower will be to the corner where the toilet goes. The toilet ring isn't actually installed yet. I'm going to have the linoleum put in before installing the toilet ring or shower. That way the whole bathroom floor will be one piece.