Sunday, September 6, 2009

Doing it right

So...I was looking at the floor in the bathroom, and I realized that there was a largish bit of the original floor left, and that it really needed to come out. For one thing, when the floor was first put in 3/4 of an inch was actually 3/4 of an inch. Now 3/4 of an inch is actually 23/32 or something. This meant that the new floor was about 1/8 (or less) lower than the original floor. Not good when you are putting in linoleum.

I realized that there was only 1 thing I could do, and that was cut out the offending floor. I did that yesterday, and will be filling in the hole with new subfloor and floor tomorrow.

At least it will be right!

In other news, the sheetrock is all mudded and sanded. I'm going to paint the walls a sort of denim blue with white trim. It should look pretty good!

1 comment:

WTexJoe said...

Murphy's Law - in this case floor - will always arise just when we thing all is going well.