Saturday, January 17, 2009

Plano Train Show

I got to The Favorite Spot, in Denton, alright. The place is amazing! If Bachmann makes it, they have it in stock. I spent about an hour weighing my options and drooling over the things I could choose from. I only went a little bit over budget, so feel pretty good about that. I should point out that the owner, Ray, and his workers are all really nice people, and eager to help or answer questions.

I attended most of the first day of the Plano Train Show, and had an absolute ball! Lots of layouts to see, lots of venders to buy from, and of course, I was there to run trains with the Texas On30 Outlaws. They are a great bunch of guys, and we had fun running trains, explaining On30 to the visitors, and admiring each other's work.



Here is a brand new On30 0-4-2 Porter pushing a string of side-dump cars across a bridge at the show.



This is a picture of a Push-Me-Pull-You, we made with a couple of Davenports, on the auto-reversing trolley track. We had about eight feet of track on the auto-reversing line.



This is part of Mike Duva's swamp module. Beautiful work! The water has depth, and everything is dirty looking.



Part of Don Culverson's Maydell module. This one inspired me so much that I made one of my own!

No comments: