Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Hamburgers!

I read Don's Mind yesterday, and he got me to thinking about hamburgers. I really like hamburgers, and have had some pretty good ones.

My favorite all time hamburger is at Hudson's Hamburgers in Coeur d' Alene, Idaho. They have been there since 1910, and you can buy a burger, pepsi, and a piece of pie; there are no fries or chips to clog things up. Hudson's has spicy mustard, spicy ketchup, and regular ketchup, you can get pickle, onion, or cheese. When I'm in town, I try to go to Hudson's at least once each day, and I usually eat two burgers. They have been nationally recognized for their burgers, and I highly recommend them!

Closer to home, we have a convenience store chain named Town and Country. Oddly enough, they make one of the best burgers in town! All the usual toppings and vegetables are available, and the price is reasonable. Don't forget to pick up an order of fried okra to go with your burger.

Believe it or not, I like McDonalds burgers. they may have gotten smaller (I haven't eaten there in a while), but McDonalds is predictable. You know exactly what it will taste like, no matter where you go. I ate at a McDonalds in Seoul Korea, and their cheeseburger tasted just like a cheeseburger here. Every once in a while, I just get a hankering for a Big Mac. Call it a character flaw....

Then there's Burger King, Whataburger, Dairy Queen, on and on... They all have good burgers. I like to get burgers at "yuppie" restaurants, like Applebees and Cheddars. They are always big and juicy...and a bit expensive, but what can you do?

My all time, favorite burger is the one I cook. I can grill a mean hamburger any time I want one!

Maybe tomorrow will be hotdogs.

No comments: