Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Remodeling the bathroom, Day 2

Today, I finished pulling out the tile wall around the tub, pulled down the ceiling, and got the tub out. I've bought a new vent fan and some sheetrock to start the ceiling, but I'm afraid it's going to be a day or two before I start on that. I need a rest!


This is where the tub sat. Pretty much the same view as the last picture in yesterday's post.


The box in the ceiling was for a heater (just a big electrical heating element). I'm going to put in a vent fan/light instead. I stuck pieces of tape on the header to mark the rafters for hanging the sheetrock.


Oh, I also pulled most of the outer wall in the hallway out. It was the only way the tub was coming out. This bathroom had a pocket door, which I hated since it was always coming off it's track.

The overall size of this bathroom is only 61"X71" or 5X6 feet (stud to stud). Not a lot of room to work with, but that also means it isn't too big a project to finish in a reasonable amount of time.

We are discussing whether or not to replace the tub with another tub/shower or whether to put in a shower stall with a door. What do you think?

No comments: