Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A Little Bit of Politics

I don't want to get too much into the political stuff. After the last election, I'm really just kind of fed up with the whole mess, and am more than ready to just ignore all the pundits and analysts.

That said, I do want to comment on the incoming administration. I'm interested to see what the Obama administration will actually accomplish. I realize he campaigned as a far left Democrat, but from the choices he's making for his cabinet, especially in the national security area, I think he may be planning to operate much more to the center. I think this will infuriate his base, who will rightly feel that he isn't following through with all the promises he made them (fortunately for the rest of us).

While I certainly didn't vote for the man, I am keeping an open mind about what he may accomplish, and what being exposed to the reality of the Presidency does to his "world view".

I'm most interested in how he deals with the Clintons, who will be a presence in the administration. My bet is that Obama will send Hillary on a nice long trip, and will assign Bill some sort of task that will keep him out of the hair of the administration, which will effectively neutralize both of them. Very savvy....

No comments: