Thursday, December 4, 2008

SCORM

for those who might not know, SCORM stands for Sharable Content Object Reference Model, and deals with being able to share and reuse other people's computer-based training, or parts of it anyway. For instance, if I need to develop a lesson on how to change a tire, I can look to see if someone else might have already done that. then I can use their lesson, or parts of it to teach my students. Makes sense, right?

Unless you work on a closed network, which I happen to do most of the time. In a case like that, where there is no active Internet connection, or any other connection to the outside world, and no one to share content with, SCORM doesn't make much sense. Therefore, the government is requiring that we use SCORM on closed networks!

We have been looking for a couple of solutions to some issues, and as we approach other agencies, we seem to get the same response over and over again: "Why are you doing that, if you're not online with anyone else?"

Do I have a point? No...I'm just venting. Sometimes you just have to...

No comments: